Finance and Administration Manager
This full-time staff member is responsible for financial operations of Market Umbrella, a 501c(3) public market think tank and operator of the Crescent City Farmers Market, including finance, budgeting, human resources, and administration. The Finance and Administration Manager works with a team of support staff and consultants and reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for:
A. Grants Management: 45% time
- Synthesize all financial reports for donors and other grantors, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting
- Works with the Executive Director on new grant projects, managing existing grants, grant reporting, and assisting with grant writing as needed
- Creates grant budgets and budget justifications
B. Financial Reporting: 20%
- Create and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the Executive Director; administers and reviews all financial plans and make adjustments when necessary; keeps the Executive Director and Board of Directors abreast of the organization’s financial status and mitigate any potential financial risks
- Creates and implements all necessary business policies, procedures and accounting practices
- Manages donor contacts in donor database through entering data and writing correspondence when needed
C. Business Operations: 30%
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors, the Executive Director, Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Maintain relationships with brokers, insurance companies and risk retention groups for required insurances: liability, officers and employee insurances (health, dental, vision, accidental death and life)
- Maintain all necessary business licenses, permits, reports and other filings
- Supervise all procurement functions, contract management, invoicing and collections
- Develop and administer all human resources and administrative policies and procedures, including payroll and benefits administration
- Supervise the Business Coordinator and any temporary or part-time administrative staff necessary for efficient office activities
D. Other Duties as Assigned: 5%
Assuming and completing other duties and responsibilities deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field with at least 9 credit hours of formal accounting training, plus relevant work experience in grant administration, budgeting and cash-flow management. Proficiency and experience with personal computers using Microsoft (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Quickbooks, Paychex HRIS system, Salesforce and other software programs. Willingness to become knowledgeable of new software products as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working in a team environment while showing patience, creativity and integrity.
- Self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to change work processes to compliment new technologies and innovations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, electronically, and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with the staff of Market Umbrella.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and weekends as necessary.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.